Email Archiving & Retention
With unlimited, secure email storage, you can solve the most challenging aspects of email retention with one easy, affordable solution.
"We're going to need a dedicated server just to store all of our old email."
If the volume of your email messages is outgrowing your server space, it's time to step up to our Email Archiving for infinitely scalable, cloud-based storage.
- Keep inboxes clean with emails automatically stored in eight data centers worldwide
- Reduce the amount of time you spend managing inbox folders
- Create a secure repository for corporate knowledge stored in email
eDiscovery & eRecovery
"The last time we were subpoenaed for emails, it took weeks to find and format everything."
Don't wait for a subpoena to realize the benefits of email archiving. Using our Email Archiving service, you can comply with litigation requests faster.
- Saves a tamper-proof record of all pertinent aspects of inbound and outbound email including, metadata, body, and any attachments
- Find, format, and send requested files in minutes from an easy-to-use administrative control panel interface
- Access web-based control panel at work, at home, or anywhere there's an internet connection
"We need to create a compliance plan but we don't know where to start."
Start with our Email Archiving service. A strong email retention solution is an integral part of a comprehensive compliance plan. Our hosted archiving solution is the first step toward a well-balanced plan.
- Ready to use immediately with no setup costs or additional software to download
- Export archived mail to evaluate activity monitoring
- Set optional retention periods, save searches, and export data to monitor email policy adherence
Businesses are under more pressure than ever to maintain solid email archiving and retention procedures. Our Archiving service can be an accomplice in the quest for regulatory compliance. We've combined archiving technology with the best of cloud computing to give you the highest level of security and performance at low, fixed monthly rates.
Industry regulations require multiple avenues of protection from a simple backup plan to retention of detailed message header information. If your business relies on email for communication, you should know the impact these laws and regulations have on your email:
- Open Meeting Laws. Intended to promote transparency and open access to government records
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Gives greater access to government records, updated in 1996 to encompass electronic records
- Healthcare Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPPA). Wraps stiff penalties around violations of electronic data retention and privacy regulations
- 21 CFR Part 11. Imposes FDA-mandated policies for electronic records management on pharmaceutical companies
- SEC 17A-4. Places stiff SEC-enforced rules around retention and access to records related to securities transactions
- Sarbarnes-Oxley (SOX). Addresses auditing and reporting for corporations to combat corporate accounting fraud
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA). Enacts regulations around data security in the financial sector
- FRCP. Sets limits around electronically produced and saved documents that are required as part of legal compliance
Learn more with our compliance overview.
Our Archiving service was built to address these and many more regulations that affect how you retain and retrieve email.
How can we help?
With properly archived and retrievable email, your messages are automatically retained and immediately accessible when requested. Offloading your archiving management reduces internal server load, improves production server operation and saves IT resources. In the email archive you can:
- Capture, index, and safely store up to 9 copies of auditable email; including header information, body, and attachment content
- Use full text search capabilities to find email based on message components in a secure web-based search and discovery interface
- Maintain original message integrity using WORM technology to assign date/time stamps and unique headers to safeguard against deletion
- Export to standards-based formats like .pst, .pdf, .txt, and mime
- Gain unlimited storage with guaranteed uptime
How Safe is My Data?
During transmission and storage, your data remains secure and private. Our service provides you with:
- Services hosted at top tier, physically and logically secure data centers
- Adherence to PCI DSS standards for payment card industry transactions
- DoD standards-based encryption with HMAC-SHA1 authentication for tamper-proof data
- The most current SSL encryption protocols for data center-to-device transmissions
- Dynamically allocated, dedicated virtual machines delivering superior performance even during activity spikes
- An audit trail for every system interaction with reports detailing users, activity, date, time, and IP address
Email is a standard means of business communication. Healthcare providers use email to exchange critical financial data, patient information, and corporate communications both internally and externally. Healthcare regulations carry some of the most comprehensive and complex federal mandates for email archiving and retrieval. And, as you well know, failure to comply with HIPAA, Sarbarnes-Oxley Act, Freedom of Information Act, plus more federal, state and industry standards can result in:
- Inability to secure certifications needed for relationships with vendors and insurers
- Stiff civil and financial consequences
- Criminal penalties up to and including jail time
- Expensive legal fees and costs defending non-compliance
In this intense regulatory environment, the healthcare industry can't afford to be without accessible, compliant email archiving to satisfy legal discovery laws, government regulations, or audits. Unfortunately, meeting the letter of the law puts a significant burden on tight resources and staff in the IT department.
Our Email Archiving service is the answer to your healthcare compliance quandary. Harnessing our global computing cloud infrastructure and our email expertise, we can offer you a software-free, affordable archiving service with unlimited, on-demand storage capabilities. For a minimal monthly, per-user fee, you can supplement in-house IT compliance activities with:
- Searchable email database that delivers rapid results with tagging features to further categorize and streamline results
- Fast export service converts email messages into common document formats like PST, PDF, MIME, TXT, or HTML
- Easy to navigate administrative control panel for handling permissions, viewing activity reports, and management of policy monitoring and alerts
- Focused compliance expertise dedicated to staying abreast of email compliance standards and adapting processes to comply